Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick &
Long Lasting Lip Stain
Recently a customer contacted me asking if I knew of any long lasting liquid lipsticks that stay on all day. A couple came to mind but after doing some research and looking over some reviews my thoughts were confirmed. One of our newest liquid lipstick products also happens to be a great lip stain:
#1 Avon Mattitude Liquid Lipstick is a long-lasting soft matte liquid lip that adds a weightless wash of high-impact, super-saturated color. One step to a velvety soft finish. Most found that this feather light, non-drying formula lasted for hours (up to 8). It comes in 8 shades, which are shown below.
However, it is important how you apply it. One user wrote, “The key to keeping this stain on is being gentle and not afraid to put it on the full lip, some people will tell you just put a dot on the bottom or top lip of this stain but we aren’t talking about your normal lip gloss here so that old adage doesn’t go for lip stain. It’s better to put it on gently like you are putting on lipstick.”
#2 Now if you don’t want or like the matte look, others also found that the Avon Lip Glow Lip Gloss worked well for them. While this is a gloss, it offers way more pigment/color that just a typical gloss. These are VERY highly color saturated and also can get the job done.
Made With Avon True Color Technology – so what you see is what you get. Reveal the perfect pout with a full sweep of creamy or shimmery high shine color. These are paraben and sulfate free.
As a matter of fact, some customers say it has too much color and even leaves a “stain” on the lip after the gloss wears off. It offers more shine, more moisturization and more color than any other Avon lip gloss. Designed for every skin tone, these lip “stains” come in 12 shades, including Clear, with a Shimmer or Cream finish. Swatches are below.
[table id=2 /]
There are a couple of more products available if these don’t suit your fancy. Another ‘long lasting liquid lipstick’ you might want to consider is the Ink Tint Serum Shine lip stain. It comes in 4 colors, seen below. It combines high color and high moisture. It’s more intense than just lipstick and more saturated than regular gloss.
There is also one that provides a matte finish called Ink Tint Tattoo Matte.
This lightweight, long-lasting liquid lip stain glides on sleek and dries down to a silky soft matte finish of vivid color. It comes in 8 highly defining shades (samples below).
MORE ON INK TINT TATTOO TECHNOLOGY:
• Tattoo Setting – the powder-oil formula glides on lips, locking in pigment while creating a perfectly soft, matte finish.
• Double Color Lock – tinting color stains and coats lips for long-lasting pigment that looks like it was just applied.
• Water-Based Formula – delivers a fresh, cooling sensation that spreads onto the entire pout.
You may also want to check the Avon Lipstick highlights & Reviews page for more lip products. We are all looking for the perfect look that lasts all day. For many, this is as close as it gets. Hope it helps.
Heavy lip liner, wrong color liquid lipstick and lips that have a “drawn on” look are common makeup mistakes that will ruin your overall look.
Perfect looking lips are attainable and begin with an ideal lip line. Many women who are unsure of how to wear lipstick skip this step completely leaving lips looking unbalanced. By following a few essential steps, your lips can look like a makeup artist did them.
1. When applying foundation continue over the lips to provide a base for lip liner, long lasting liquid lipstick or lip stain.
2. Keep your mouth CLOSED. Then trace a fine line around the lips with a sharp pencil. A dull pencil will make blending more difficult. Start at the V of the top lip and move outward to lip corners. Use short strokes. After you have penciled in the top lip, begin from the middle of the bottom lip and move outward also following the natural line of the lip.
3. To make lips look fuller, follow the outer edge of the natural lip line making sure not to go over the natural lip line. To make lips look smaller follow the inside of the natural lip line.
4. Filling the whole lip with lip liner will make the liquid lipstick last longer when it is applied. However, darker lip liner will darken the color of your lipstick. So if you are going for a light look, use a light lip liner when using this technique.
5. After lips are filled in, use a lipstick brush to apply lipstick. Using a lip brush will give you more control. When lipstick has been applied, with lips closed, lay a tissue across both lips to blot.
You are now ready to go with great lips. Do touch-ups throughout the day if necessary but this shouldn’t be much of the case if you are using long lasting lip stain. If you are not used to wearing lipstick, it will probably take awhile to get used to having your lips done and not “eating” the long lasting liquid lipstick. The plus to having nice lips, aside from the obvious, is you will never be plagued with dry lips again an over time they become softer. That’s another good reason to take care of your lips.