I was an acne sufferer starting at the age of 12. I am now in my 40’s. Acne and its scars suck. Anyone who has suffered from post-pimple hyperpigmentation and “marks” knows this to be true. And, after puberty, they affect every age and skin color. They manifest as red or brown marks that can last weeks — and for the unlucky, months. I have been in the unlucky category far too often and I can confidently tell you that I have tried every — and I mean every — remedy known to man. So, today I’m going to share with you what I’ve learned that actually works. And, for the most part, they don’t cost an arm and a leg.
My Big Revelation: Successfully getting rid of acne is INTERNAL, not just External. It’s not enough to just buy some product and wash your face. So continue reading to learn how to treat your acne from the inside and out, even cystic acne.
What many don’t know, or don’t tell you, is successful treatment of acne is INTERNAL not just External. Why? Along with the kidneys, liver and colon the skin also works to remove built up toxins and waste from your system. This is one of the most often overlooked causes of acne. When there is an imbalance of bad bacteria & toxins in your system, it will come out through the skin. NO ONE wants this stuff coming out on their Face, Chest & Back. YUCK! Not to worry – there are easy and inexpensive ways to cleanse your system – and it’s NOT drink lots of water.
Internal Treatment of Acne:
1. Probiotics. Get yourself a good probiotic. This will help balance bad vs good bacteria. THIS IS VITAL & ESSENTIAL IF YOU GET CYSTIC ACNE. This is the #1 supplement that helped cure my cystic acne.
2. Oregano Capsules. Oregano is a natural antibacterial. Great for boosting the immune system, as well. The cheapest place I’ve found to get these is Swanson Vitamins online. You can also get the probiotics there as well.
3. Garlic capsules. Garlic strengthens the liver’s cleansing ability. Garlic is also a good blood cleanser because it contains sulfur which helps get rid of toxins. You simply take these 3 supplements every day as directed.
If you would like a blood cleansing “system” you can use Grandma’s Herbs Blood Cleanser Phase I. You will need 2 bottles as they only put 100 caps in one bottle and you need to take 3 twice a day, preferably on an empty stomach.
Some also report that silymarin from milk thistle also works to help clear their acne. This is most likely because silymarin also assists the liver in removing toxins from the body. It’s clear that internal cleansing is essential in the treatment of acne.
External Treatment of Acne & Scars:
1. Tea tree oil. I’m sure many of you have heard of this by now, but it actually does work to keep acne at bay. However it works best when combined with other remedies. This can also be gotten at Swanson, or even Walmart. It is a great antibacterial for the skin.
2. Clearskin Professional Acne Treatment System from Avon. Most of you have probably heard of Avon but they are mostly known for their beauty products, makeup and perfumes. However, what many don’t know is that they have great acne treatment products.
Their best, and most highly rated, acne product is the Clearskin Professional Acne Treatment System. You’re going to need a cleansing product containing salicylic acid. Avon has this covered. Their Correcting Lotion also works to even out skin tone. You can purchase and read reviews on their site here.
3. Rosehip Seed Oil. The best natural treatment for getting rid of acne SCARS I’ve found is Rosehip seed oil. You’re probably thinking OIL? Won’t that make acne worse? No, this is what is known as a DRY oil. When used in small amounts, it absorbs right into the skin, leaving it moisturized, with no oily residue.
However, this particular natural essential oil works to remove scarring. It is average priced but there are a lot of low quality knock offs online. I’ve personally used, and recommend, the Teddie brand of 100% Rosehip See Oil. The best place to get it is at Amazon. A little goes a long way so one bottle will last for months. Use it once a day nightly as a moisturizer; using Daily Correcting Lotion from Acne System during the day.
Bonus Tip – My Spot Treatment Trick: For spot treatment of invidual pimples I use…Neosporin ointment! This will typically reduce a blemish pretty quickly removing redness and pain. Often within 48-72 hours. Obviously you don’t apply this to your entire face, as it will clog pores, but when a particular zit is a problem this works great. Neosporin also comes in a pain relief formula as well.
Now you know what it took me 30 years to figure out. We’ve covered why just washing your face isn’t enough and what you can do to cleanse your body internally to fight acne from the inside out, as well as what to do externally to treat your pimples and scars.
Resources mentioned in this blog post:
Probiotics – Swanson Vitamins
Oregano capsules – Swanson Vitamins
Garlic capsules – Swanson Vitamins
Milk Thistle/Silymarin – Swanson Vitamins
Tea Tree Oil – Swanson Vitamins
Grandma’s Herbs Blood Cleanser Phase I – www.grandmasherbs.com
Clearskin Professional Acne Treatment System – https://is.gd/professionalacnetreatment
Teddie Organics Rosehip Seed Oil – Amazon.com
Get 10% Off Promo Code For Swanson – https://www.swansonvitamins.com/coupons.html