This is your BIG day! Choosing the perfect fragrance can be a tough decision but we are here to make it as easy as saying “I DO.”
Where Do We Begin?
First, imagine yourself in your wedding attire. How do you feel? What colors can you see around you? How about the mood ? Feeling and mood play a very important role in choosing the perfect fragrance for any occasion.
Once you have narrowed down the mood you want your fragrance to enhance, it is time to explore. Give yourself enough time to do this, but search within the same season, so your fragrance is aligned with the time of the year.
How To Tie the Mood to the Season of your Wedding:
- Fresh & Clean: Light fresh impressions with soft facets that are watery, luminous, delicate, powdery and enchanting. (Blue Escape, Haiku Reflections Parfum)
- Fresh & Vibrant: Lively scents that exude freshness with zesty fruit combined with sparkling and brilliantly refined floral details. (Live Out Loud, Studio 1886 Gilded Parfum)
- Fresh & Sweet: Fruity floral scents, with sweet, juicy, playful notes at the fruits at the heart, are harmoniously woven with shimmering blooms. (Far Away Infinity Intense)
Why? Spring and Summer are all about vibrancy and lightness. You want to choose a fragrance that will combat the heat of summer while also complementing the freshness of Spring.
Having a Fall/Winter wedding? Start with fragrances in these families:
- Warm & Exotic: Exotic oriental notes with an aura of mystery. Bold and classic florals blended with hints of wood are gounded in warm sensuality for a sophisticated experience. (Far Away Beyond, Far Away Gold)
- Warm & Indulgent: Unique florientals – capturing both floral and oriental notes-impart sweet gourmand undertones and addictive qualities. (Rare Gold, Imari Seduction, Prima Noir)
- Warm & Dreamy: Soft and warm oriental notes convey a velvety smooth sensuality with heady and rich notes and hints of spice, all wrapped in romantic sheer woods. (Rare Pearls, Imari Amor, Prima)
You’re Almost There:
Narrow down your options to the top 3 fragrances that you can imagine being THE fragrance.
Once you have these three, ask your Avon Representative if there are any samples.
Give yourself enough time to build a relationship with each fragrance sample before making the final decision. How? Try each with the following 3 activities.
By the way, capture how each fragrance makes you feel!
- A night out with friends/family: This will give you an idea of how the fragrance lasts from ceremony to reception.
- Dinner date with your significant other: You and your mate’s fragrance should work as well as you both do. Take this time to see how your fragrances work with one another. Do they complement one another? Do they conflict? Try wearing fragrances within the same fragrance category.
- Around the house: Why? Because it’s important to explore your fragrance without any distractions around you. Focus on building emotions and moods around your fragrance to see if it is the perfect fit you’re your BIG day.
More Tips for Success:
Ask your significant other to follow the same steps above so you both have the perfect Wedding Day perfume!
Tie it all together by scenting your wedding and reception venue. For example, find the perfect candle that complements your fragrance!
Most importantly, remember whichever fragrance you choose is the correct choice as it has-in some way-established an emotional connection.
Best of Luck With Your Wedding!