We Compared These Top Foundations For Oily Skin –
The Results Were SHOCKING!
In a comparison of these popular liquid foundations, we discovered the BEST liquid foundation for oily skin. Who won? The answer will surprise you!
Over 25 liquid foundations were tested for oil content, or oiliness. The Instagram photo above speaks for itself. Top, popular brands included in this “study” are Elf, Rimmel, Avon, Loreal and Clinique. The ONE that DIDN’T leave an oily spot: Avon Ideal Nude “Flawless” Liquid Foundation! Surprising isn’t it…
This product is now called True Color Ideal Nude Liquid Foundation. It was originally introduced in Avon Catalog Campaign 12, 2017. A few of the shades have changed since then, but the selection remains largely the same.
Below is the new bottle and look for the Avon product produced for the US market (shown along with the Concealer):
The Foundation comes in 20 shades and the Concealer in 11. Sheer coverage with soft matte finish and SPF 20. Ideal Nude’s formula actually has oil-blotting properties because it includes mattifying powders. Find the right shade for you! Check the current Avon catalog for updates and changes in colors and pricing.
NOTE, however, that Avon’s best liquid foundation is their True Color Flawless Liquid Foundation which includes SPF 15 & comes in 13 shades. It’s listed consistently in Avon’s Top 10 best products and a good value at just $12.
How does oily skin look and feel? What causes oily skin?
Here are some typical signs of oily skin:
- It has a ‘shiny’ look.
- Makeup literally ‘sweats off.’
- There is almost a constant attack of pimples and acne.
So, if you have this constant ‘shine’ on your face, and you break out easily, then it is likely that you have oily skin.
Our skin produces oil (or sebum) for softness and suppleness. However, the production of excess sebum can result in acne formation and the ‘oily’ look. Oily skin which is scientifically referred to as seborrhea are known to be caused by two major factors; genetics and hormones.
One particular hormone called androgens plays a big part. Androgens are actually male hormones but found in both men and women. The release of androgen hormones signals the maturity of the skin’s sebaceous glands which produces the oil or sebum. When androgen levels increase, sebum production also increases.
Additionally, genetics also play an important role in the functioning of the sebaceous glands.
How can you prevent oily skin?
While you cannot run away from your body and skin type, you can control the oiliness in your skin in the following ways:
- Wash regularly with warm water and a gentle cleanser designed to combat oily skin types.
- Use a toner with a natural astringent like witch hazels which can help dry out your skin without causing harm.
- Pat your face dry always. Don’t pull down your skin with a cloth or towel.
- Use specially-made blotting paper and other kinds of medicated pads to pat out the excess oil from your skin.
- Use an oil-free moisturizer to keep your skin protected and moist.
Therefore, oily skin takes a lot of effort to look after. Add to that, your makeup woes are bound to increase too. Oily skin calls for special cosmetics and makeup elements to give you the right kind of look that lasts through the day.
Why is there a need for special foundations for oily skin?
While looking after oily skin even on routine days can be quite challenging, getting the right made-up look is even more so. Most foundations promise the ‘matte’ look but fail to deliver. In summer especially, sweat and oil can create havoc on your makeup if you don’t use the right kinds of foundations for oily skin.
Sweat (which is nothing but water) is produced to keep your body cool. Oil or sebum is produced to keep your skin smooth and silky. During warm weather, both oil and sebum are produced in excess resulting in the rather unpleasant sweat-oil combination look! Without a special foundation for oily skin, your makeup will ‘leach’ or ‘sweat off.’
Therefore, it is imperative that you choose the right kind of foundation for oily skin. At this point, it makes sense to tell you that the product you choose should also be backed by years of research and dedicated study; think Avon!
Where can I get a great foundation for oily skin?
Some of the best foundations for oily skin can be found here. The Avon True Color Ideal Nude Liquid Foundation is an amazing foundation for oily skin that promises (and delivers) that perfect mattifying look.
This Avon foundation for oily skin combines the power matte power with light water-based elements needed to give you a natural-looking, fresh coverage. Here are some splendid benefits offered by Avon True Color Ideal Nude Liquid Foundation:
- You can use the foundation to build a light-to-medium coverage.
- It lets you wear breathable and light makeup.
- It gives you a soft matte finish rendering a fresh, natural look to your skin.
- You don’t need special oil blotters. This foundation has natural oil blotters integrated into the product that controls the oil in your skin to retain the matte finish right through the day.
- All shades of this foundation for oily skin has SPF 20.
- The formula of Avon True Color Ideal Nude Liquid Foundation is non-comedogenic which means, the ingredients and the final product do not cause blocked pores; a common problem with most oily skin.
- Like all other Avon products, this foundation for oily skin is dermatologist tested and approved and is hypoallergenic.
How to apply foundations for oily skin?
Here are some tips to help you apply foundation for oily skin effectively:
- First, prime your skin to ensure it is clean and even. Use a cleansing brush all over your face, and then wash your face to clean up oily areas.
- Cleanse your face with an exfoliating cleanser.
- Pat your face dry, and apply the moisturizer.
- Then, use an oil blotter on the oily parts, and then apply a primer for oily skin.
- Finally, apply or dab Avon True Color Ideal Nude Liquid Foundation using a brush.