Avon SuperShock Brights Mascara comes in 3 colors: a blue mascara (Royal Shock), a green mascara (Emerald Shock) and a purple mascara (Violet Shock) in a smudge and clump resistant lightweight formula. This mascara comes with a large brush designed for building up the color in layers. Only $7.00
THIS PRODUCT HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED…
Try the True Color Nourishing Mascara in Navy Blue instead!
How can there be a discussion of eye makeup without talking about mascara? Here are some great tips for proper mascara application:
- Begin applying the blue mascara from the roots of your lashes and not the tips. This technique gives you great volume and doesn’t weigh down your eyelashes.
- To prevent your lashes from looking clumpy, put mascara on in layers, stopping at the desired volume.
- To make your blue mascara last longer, avoid pumping the wand while pulling out the mascara. Instead, swirl it. This also helps to keep the mascara from drying out.
- In case you are using an eyelash curler after applying your mascara, make sure the mascara is semi-wet and not dry.
- When applying the mascara on the lower lashes, place a tissue paper right under your lashes to prevent smudging.
- A brand new bottle of mascara can transfer a lot of extra product on the wand for the first few uses, causing clumps. So before your first coat, glide the brush over a napkin or tissue to remove any excess formula.
- Keep your lashes curled longer by wiggling the brush back and forth at the base of your lashes; then swiping to the tips.
- If you have thin or light-colored lashes, coat top and bottom of the lashes by alternating between looking up and looking down while applying mascara. This makes the lashes appear much thicker.
- Hold the brush at a horizontal angle if you want thick lashes, or turn it vertically for a more natural finish. The way you hold the brush when applying your blue mascara can make a huge difference. Holding the brush horizontally and wiggling it back and forth will give you voluminous lashes, while holding it vertically and running the tip of the brush along the length of your lashes will leave you with a longer, more natural look.
- Soak your blue mascara tube in a cup of hot water to make the formula more liquid rather than clumpy. This will make the formula thinner and easier to apply.